5 Things To Think About Before Buying Health Insurance
There are a few things that are important to consider before switching coverage or purchasing health insurance in California for the first time.
1. Compare health insurance quotes. We all have different needs, make sure you find a plan that meets your budget and takes care of your health care needs.
2. Pay attention to deductibles and out of pocket maximums. Weigh the difference in lower premiums and higher deductibles. Make sure you can manage your deductible if you have to spend the whole amount. If you have a serious injury or illness meeting a high deductible can be hard.
3. Make sure your plan includes the doctors and hospitals that you are looking for.
4. Take a look at the copayment rates and coinsurance rates for doctor visits, surgeries and prescriptions.
5. Talk to an independent insurance agent. Get an unbiased review of each company in context with your needs. Get help choosing the right health insurance plan for you.